"Promoting Energy Efficient Lighting Education in Nepal and Bhutan"
Sagarmatha Engineering College in partnership with other higher education institutions form Finland, France, Greece, Bhutan and Nepal has successfully completed an international project - “Promoting Energy Efficient Lighting Education in Nepal and Bhutan (ELNAB)”. The project was co-funded by Erasmus + Programme of the European Union. Erasmus+ is the European Union Program in the field of Education, Training, Youth and Sport for the period 2014-2020. Lighting Unit of Aalto University, Finland was the project coordinator. The project duration was form October 2016 to January 2019.
- 1. Aalto University, Finland
- 2. National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- 3. Université Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, France
- 4. Jigme Namgyel Engineering College, Bhutan
- 5. Kathmandu University, Nepal
- 6. Nepal Engineering College, Nepal
- 7. Sagarmatha Engineering College, Nepal
- • To support Nepali and Bhutanese Higher Education Institutions to provide education that promotes sustainable socio-economic development.
- • To assist Nepal and Bhutan to reduce electricity consumption as well as greenhouse gas emissions through capacity building of human resources in the fields of energy efficient lighting systems.
- • To raise awareness in efficient lighting management and to identify important factors of needs and opportunities in efficient lighting in Nepal and Bhutan
- • To develop energy efficient lighting courses and lighting laboratory
- • To enhance and upgrade the skills of teaching staffs for improved academic environment
Project Website: ELNAB Project Website