"Strengthening Problem-Based Learning in South Asian Universities (PBL South Asia)"
The problem-Based Learning in South Asian Universities (PBL-SA) project is a joint initiative between partner universities from Nepal, India, Finland, Bhutan, Netherlands, and Lithuania. Co- funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union. Sagarmatha Engineering College and other higher education institutions form South Asia and Europe have partnered together in an international project called - “Strengthening Problem Based Learning in South Asian Universities (PBL-South Asia)”. The project is co-funded by Erasmus + Programme of the European Union. Erasmus+ is the European Union Program in the field of Education, Training, Youth and Sport for the period 2014-2020. The project duration is 36 months, starting from November 15, 2018 to November 14, 2021.
1. Aalto University, Finland
2. Jigme Namgyel Engineering College, Royal University of Bhutan, Bhutan
3. Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
4. Sagarmatha Engineering College, Nepal
5. Kathmandu University, Nepal
7. Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
8. Nepal Engineering College, Nepal
9. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
10. Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India
Aalto Global Impact, Aalto University, Finland is the coordinating partner and Riina Subra is the coordinator of the project.
- To implement PBL methodologies in major project for final year students
- To strengthen problem solving capacity of students
- To design and develop a functional project integrating various course concepts
- To improve technical and soft skills of the college graduates
- To build relationship among community, society, industry and the college
- To analyse and incorporate relevant sustainability aspects in the local context
At the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- Identify and solve problem through PBL approach
- Relate the technical skills with the problem and identify the requirements
- Increase capacity in presentation, communication, leadership and project planning
- Work in a team coordinating with community, society and industry
- Analyse a problem/case critically and effectively as well as from sustainability perspective
- Improve technical skills by designing and developing a prototype
- Prepare project report and disseminate the outcomes to the concerned stakeholders
"The European Commission's support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein"