Sagarmatha Engineering College (SEC), an affiliated college under Tribhuvan University has been continuously involving in international projects and partnerships in order to incorporate international dimensions to its education and research. To plan and execute international activities, SEC has established “International Relations Office” and has formulated its “Strategic Internationalization Plan (SIP)” with the support of InterNepInd Project co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union. And it is successfully implementing different capacity building projects, student and staff mobility programs, academic exchange and joint research projects, etc.
VISION, MISSION AND GOALS:
To become a globally valued academic institution by fostering international relations to enhance the quality of education, research and innovation.
To develop and strengthen capacity of the organization through international partnerships and collaborations by establishing an office of international affairs.
- To create a conducive environment for internationalization
- To build organizational structures supporting internationalization process
- To inherit international best practices through partnerships and collaborations
- To enhance the quality of education and research
- To foster international projects, programs, research cooperation, and internationalization at home
- To increase international visibility of the institution through dissemination, promotion and marketing
- To establish and maintain a meaningful partnership with international HEIs to promote internationalization through training,
joint academic and research activities, and other meaningful activities
- To promote student, faculty and administrative staff mobility/exchange programs with internationalpartner institutions
SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE
International Office provides advisory and other supports to its students and staff as well as international students, faculty, members and researchers visiting the college under the most valued internationalization activities. Student Mobility, Faculty Exchange, and Strategic Partnership to name a few. The primary responsibility of the office involves dealing with the issues relating to international mobility, exchange agreements or cooperation activities. Some of the student service programs include orientation to new students, academic tips, advising and counseling, workshops and webinars. While internal students can learn about opportunities to participate in international activities, international students and researchers can gain a seamless international experience before, during and after their stay at the college. In addition, the office assists faculty in enjoying the educational benefits of international students on campus.
CO-ORDINATION OF INTERNATIONALIZATION ACTIVITIES
The International Office acts as a central point for coordinating and facilitating international activities such as mobility programs and international activities. The office places great importance on facilitating connections between international students and local students, thereby integrating them into the academic and social activities of the college.
International partnership is one of the most valued activities for internationalizing higher education. The International Office provides the necessary institutional support needed to sign Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with institutions around the world. So far, we have established our mutually beneficial collaborations with universities and institutions located in Europe and Asia. The collaborations with consortiums have led to capacity building of students and staffs, student/faculty exchange programs, joint research opportunities, professional development of faculty and so forth. This directly contributes to the internationalization of our institute.
TEAM @ INT'L OFFICE:
Mr. Ramesh K. Shrestha
Director, International Relations
Mr. Baikuntha Acharya
Co-ordinator, International relations
Department of Electronics & Computer Engineering
Mr. Anup Shrestha
Coordinator, International relations
Department of Civil Engineering
Mr. Pratik Timalsena
Coordinator, International relations
Department of Computer Science & Information Technology
Ms. Salina Adhikari
Officer, Admin & Finance
STRATEGIC INTERNATIONALIZATION PLAN (SIP):
SEC holds importance to the internationalization of the institution that gives the competitive advantage in terms of quality education, research and innovation, and international collaborations. However, the new realm of globalization requires a complete new strategy even for the Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to cope with the growing technological challenges. As a result, the SEC Strategic Internationalization Plan (SIP) came into existence. SIP is a document with well-defined strategic goals and objectives that guides the institution for international activities, education, research, and collaboration opportunities. The strategic goals and objectives were defined based on the SWOT analysis of the current situation of the college. Hence, it is obliged to change as per the changing situation. The complete Strategic Internationalization Plan (SIP) can be downloaded from HERE.
INT’L MOUs & PARTNERSHIPS:
Sagarmatha Engineering College focuses on collaborations to explore opportunities for research and development programs, education and training programs, exchange of students and faculty, and joint workshops, seminars and conferences. The initiatives have helped students who aspire to study abroad and be involved in research works. We have collaborated with several institutions/foreign universities by signing MOUs. And, we are planning to sign MOUs for collaborations with more local and international institutions around the world.
Int’l Partner Universities:
1. Aalto University, Finland
2. Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
3. Universidad Politecnica de Cartagena, Spain
4. Universite Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, France
5. University of Aveiro (UA, Portugal)
6. Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
7. National Technical University of Athens, Greece
8. Riga Technical University, LatviaHellenic Open University, Latvia
9. Hellenic Open University, Greece
10. Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
11. Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences, Germany
12. Technological University Dublin, Ireland
13. Technical University of Sofia
14. Universite de technologie de Troyes, France
15. Universitatea Tehnica din Cluj-Napoca, Romania
1. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
2. Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
3. Sarvajanik College of Engineering & Technology (SCET)
4. Nalla Malla Reddy Engineering College (NMREC)
5. Indubhai Parekh School of Architecture (IPSA)
6. Shantaben Manubhai Patel School of Studies and Research in Architecture and Interior Design (SMAID)
7. Vivekanand Education Society Institute of Management (VESIM)
1. Jigme Namgyel Engineering College, Royal University of Bhutan
INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH PROJECTS:
Sagarmatha holds research, development, and innovation as crucial parts of the internationalization of higher education. To achieve the maximum research impact, we are continuously looking for ways to collaborate with international institutions, bodies or skilled researchers. The findings of research works play a vital role in addressing and solving the key issues prevailing in the society, nation or world. Besides, the involved stakeholders of the college such as students, teachers, and staff can get exposure to international research forums through joint initiatives.
Sagarmatha continues to explore options for students, teachers, and staff to expand their horizons. We have signed agreements with national & international HEIs for the opportunities like students/ staff exchange or joint research activities. Studying for a semester at the prestigious University of Spain under the Erasmus+ Mobility program is one of our signatory mobility programs. Currently, four of our students are getting international exposure through this opportunity. In future, we are hoping to increase the number of students and staff in the mobility programs. Besides, the mobility programs help the participants to gain international experience. As they can explore, learn, and know the unique culture and way of life of the partner countries and HEIs. The interactions through such mobility programs have also helped us to find the gap in the higher education system of South Asian Universities.
NEWS & EVENTS:
9:30 to 16:30, Sunday to Friday except local holidays
The International Relations Office
Room 302, 2nd Floor, Block D
Sagarmatha Engineering College
Sanepa, Lalitpur, P.O. Box: 19910
Phone: 01-5427274, 01-5911274, 01-5911275