Project/Research Types and Funding Criteria
Long term Project/Research
- · Estimated duration: 3-years.
- · Number: 1 project
- · Type: Multidisciplinary, product-oriented.
- · Funding limit: 4 Lakhs (Maximum)
- · Objectives: To develop an industry-standard product, promote institutional excellence, and participate in national/ international competitions
** It is designed for the faculty members (principle investigator must be in faculty member). He/she must include no less than 2-students for project completion.
At least 2- teachers are allowing for application
- · Estimated duration: 2 years.
- · Total project funds: 4 Lakhs/year
- · Funding limit: 2 Lakhs (Maximum)
- · Type: Applied, Analytical, Action Research
- · Objectives: Enhance academic knowledge, Participate in national/ international competitions.
** Principle investigator either faculty members or students, however, students must include a research supervisor permission.
Short term Project/Research
- · Estimated duration: 1 year.
· Total Project fund: 3.5 Lakhs/year
- · Funding Limit: 50k (Maximum)
- · Type: Descriptive (Survey, Case Study, Observational, Co-relational)
- · Objectives: Enhance academic knowledge, to gain familiarity with Research Practice
** Principle investigator must be students, however, students may assign a research supervisor.
Overall, the supervisor's remuneration is optional, it depends on the student’s research proposal. If the student really needs a research supervisor, a Maximum of 20% of the total budget allocation for supervisor remuneration.
The grant may cover the following costs:
- Purchase or rental of special data sets, software
- Transportation costs for data gathering,
- Lodging and fooding
- Developing research arrangements, stationary